Find out how a building management systems works and can save you money
Learn how a building management system works and how it offers you many great benefits for your property. A building management system can be retro-fitted into your existing infrastructure, or a new one can be created from the ground up. Building management system software is used to access data and manage your BMS. To learn how BMS works, Advanced Control Corporation can provide you with the necessary information, and also teach your managers how to operate a BMS system. We also provide maintenance and online support for operating your system.
Building Management System Benefits
A building management system can add significant operating costs savings to your company, while providing security to your property, resources, assets and building occupants. Since 1987, we have been creating BMS systems for companies who want to become more energy efficient and sustainable. Our experts can design and create an intelligent building system for your company that will provide many extraordinary benefits. Here are some examples of how BMS works:
- A security system can be customized to meet the needs of your property and also address building vulnerabilities. Building occupants and tenants will be pleased to know that your building is being monitored and controlled to maintain maximum security. Your building management system provides access control, surveillance and intrusion detection technologies, RFID scanners, access card readers, biometric scans, digital video surveillance, CCTV solutions, smoke and toxic gas detection devices, lighting control, and much more.
- How BMS works is that energy usage is reduced and waste is eliminated. System performance is optimized, and you will save your company time and money on repairing system failures by utilizing detection devices. Your equipment operating cost expenditures will decrease by about 15% annually, and new technology will improve the sustainability of systems and equipment. All this equates to more savings and less headaches.
- A building management system is adaptable to change, and can integrate new equipment as your business needs evolve. New technologies can be added to your existing infrastructure, and access to outside platforms can also be integrated. Another great benefit of a BMS system is that the value of your company and property will increase.
- This is how BMS works: it provides security to your property, building occupants, and business assets such as IT data and other important resources. A building management system incorporates access control to elevators and other areas inside your building. Your managers will be able to steer, and reduce, transient traffic throughout your building. This is an important safety measure that protects against security breaches. By having a well-managed security system in your building, you will be able to protect your company against employee theft and tampering, and also deter any criminal activity, damage or loss to your property.
- A BMS lighting system uses a sophisticated web of sensors and occupancy controls. Your managers can automatically shut down lighting during scheduled times of the day or night, or when areas are unoccupied. Lighting management also includes outside walkways, parking garages, loading docks etc. Your company should realize about a 30% annual savings on lighting costs, according to a report by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Your building management system also provides indoor environmental safety and comfort through your HVAC system. Air quality and detection of toxic gases are all a part of your BMS system. Smoke detection and containment also work with your HVAC system and provide for circulating smoke outside of your building in the event of a fire. Smokeless containment areas are provided for the protection of building occupants. This is how BMS works to save lives and your property.
Learn More About Building Management Systems Benefits
We offer our clients many services that include: tech support, maintenance and service programs that meet your specific needs and budget. To learn more about creating a building management system, and how BMS works, contact Advanced Control Corporation today at: 954-491-6660.