Security is a top concern for Miami commercial building owners, who need to find a reliable, cost-effective way to ensure the safety of their premises and property while keeping their tenants and their possessions safe from harm. Security automation systems can provide the protection Miami commercial buildings need, but only if all points of vulnerability are addressed. Use this Miami commercial buildings security system checklist to make sure the security system you choose provides full protection for your building.
Commercial Building Access Control Systems in Miami
With a powerful building access control system in place, building owners have an automated way to monitor, control, and restrict admission to the various areas within their building. Your building access control system should provide the following protections:
- Clear Audit Trail – System should maintain a record of every attempted and accomplished opening of each door and area, including the identity of all involved individuals.
- Time and Day Restrictions – Owners can monitor and restrict access to specific designated times, days, and conditions.
- Property Loss Prevention – Authorized personnel can deactivate the cards at any time, eliminating security risks as soon as they are identified.
Miami Commercial Building Elevator Access Control
Building owners can use the same access cards and readers to control elevator use and floor access for every level in their building. Ideally, your elevator access control system should have sufficient capability to:
- Control all of your elevators for every floor in your building
- Provide stand-alone access control operation or integrate with your building automation system
- Allow the system administrator to set accessible floors for each card holder
- Manage event data, providing dynamic control of memory for up to 50,000 cardholders / up to 20,000 Events
- Retain ID events data and setting values even in the case of a power failure
Miami CCTV Surveillance Systems for Commercial Buildings
With a closed circuit television surveillance system in place, a single guard can monitor an entire building, facility, or industrial plant. The most efficient CCTV systems employ a mixture of camera types, including:
- Network (IP) Cameras – Transmit images, signals and data over a high-speed Ethernet link using internet protocol.
- Fixed Position Cameras – Use swivel heads and telescopic mounts with adjustable swivel heads; ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, on wall or ceiling mounts.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom Cameras – Give users the ability to zoom in for a closer look, and view up-and-down, and side-to-side, virtually eliminating security system blind spots.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras – Detect temperature differences, allowing them to capture footage in complete darkness and in all weather conditions.
- License Plate Capture Cameras – Employ optical character recognition to read the license plate numbers of vehicles as recorded by your security camera system.
Miami CCTV Recording Solutions for Commercial Buildings
Your commercial building security system should incorporate one of these CCTV recording solutions:
- Digital Video Recording (DVR) – records video feed in digital format onto a disk drive or other memory medium; provides extended recording time of security footage, which can be accessed over the internet.
- Network Video Recording (NVR) – give you the ability to access your facility’s video signals via your existing Network infrastructure, integrated Workstation, or via the Web.
- Hybrid Video Recording (HVR)– combines the use of analog/IP cameras while providing full HD video output.
Advanced Control Corporation has been performing expert security system installation in Miami for more than 20 years. Our proficient security design experts are ready to create a customized Miami security automation solution for your facility that combines video surveillance, CCTV technology, Access Control, and Elevator Access Control to blanket your building in protection.
Learn More About Building Security Systems in Miami
Contact Advanced Control at 954-491-6660 for a dynamic Miami commercial building security system that will blanket your building in complete protection!